Ticket Deflection - Auto Create Tickets in Any Channel
Ticket deflection is here! You can now set up any channel in Slack for deflection. Whenever someone posts into that channel a ticket will automatically created in the thread of the original message and auto suggest answers.
How to set up:
- In the Settings page called 'Ticket Deflection'.
- Select which channel or channels you would like to enable automatic ticket creation in.
- Go post a message into that channel and confirm that it created a ticket automatically. Halp will open a thread, add the ticket message, and also react to the original message with a ⚡
- If the question matches an answer the requester will be prompted with a carousel of matches. The user can cycle through the suggested answers and choose the correct answer.
- After the requester chooses their answer they can resolve the ticket or request more help.
- On the agent ticket, the halp bot will log the customer events for a record on the ticket.
Only Deflect During Non-Working Hours
If you only want tickets to be deflected during Non-Working hours. Enable the toggle. Make sure that you have working hours enabled by going to General > Working Hours. If this setting is on, deflection channels will behave just like all other channels in Halp. If you would want to make a ticket out of a message you will have to add the 🎫 (or your configured emoji).
Sending a Message in a Deflection Channel Without Making a Ticket
Sometimes it's nice to be able to send a message in a deflection channel without making a ticket. For example, if you want to make an announcement to the channel. To do so, prepend your message with the 📣(:mega:) emoji.