Connect (or disconnect) a Jira Project
Connecting a Jira Project to Halp
To connect a Jira Project, you have to first connect a Jira Site:
- Connecting a Jira Cloud Site
- Connecting a Jira Server/DC Site
- Navigate to the Queues you would like to connect to a Jira Project (Settings->Queues->[Queue Name]:
- Click Connect to Jira and select the Jira Site and Jira Project you would like to connect to this Queue.
- Select the Request or Issue types you want to connect to this Halp queue and select the ticket creation behavior.
A form (and associated fields) will be created for each content type.
What is ticket creation behavior?
One-way to Jira = Tickets created in Slack/Teams/Halp will be created in Jira
One-way to Slack = Tickets created in Jira will also be created in Slack/Teams/Halp
Two-way = Tickets will be created in both directions.
- If any of the request/issue types failed to sync or synced with a warning, we will outline those errors (as detailed below)
These types were connected, but use one or more unsupported custom fields that will not sync:
When we sync a request/issue type, we recreate the intake form in Halp. If that form has a field that is not supported in Halp, we will omit it from the form.
Syncing computed fields to Jira
You can connect 5 pre-calculated Jira fields w/ Halp. In order for them to sync, you just need to create custom text fields with the exact text provided below and add them to your "create screen" in Jira.
If you added these fields after adding them to Halp, you just need to re-sync your Jira project's for the fields to appear.
Disconnecting a Jira Project from Halp
The Queue also cannot be your “Default Queue”. You must first make a different Halp queue your default (done from the Queue Settings).
On the connected queue, click "Disconnect". This will disconnect the project and archive the queue.
Disconnecting a Jira Request/Issue Type from Halp
On the connected queue, under "Connections" click the unlink icon next to the Request Type you would like to remove.