Install Assist for Slack
Halp is a lightweight ticketing system that allows for easy ticket creation and management from within Slack. Halp’s Slack bot, Assist, is what users interact within Slack, bringing ticketing into your conversations.
Install Halp in Slack
In order to install the Assist bot in Slack, you need to be a Slack Admin in your Slack workspace.
If you are trying to install Halp in MS Teams, please view this help doc.
- Visit Halp.com and click Add to Slack
- You’ll then be prompted to install the Assist bot to your Slack workspace. Use the dropdown menu in the top right corner to select the correct workspace, and click Accept and Continue
- If you're a Slack Administrator, accept the user permissions to complete the installation. If you're not a Slack Admin, your Admin will receive a request to grant permission to install Assist to your workspace. You’ll receive an email to confirm when your request has been approved
- When you add the bot to your Slack workspace, you’ll automatically create a Halp account at
[subdomain].halp.com. This is where you can view tickets, access settings, and make adjustments to your account
Customize the Bot's Logo
- You must be on a Halp Premium or Enterprise Plan in order to customize your Slack Bot
- Must be between 512px by 512px and 2000px and 2000px
- Must be less than 16mb
Note: Slack does not allow us to customize the image for whispers (messages that are only visible by one user).
- Navigate to the Appearance & Auto-responses tab in your Halp Web Settings
- Click Configure Bot Appearance and change the image
Customize the Bot's Name
- In Slack, go to Settings & Administration > Manage Apps
- Find the Assist app in your list of installed apps
- Go to the Configuration tab
- Scroll down to Bot User & click Edit to rename the bot
- Save Changes and refresh your slack window
- To customize the Slack bot, you need to be a Halp Admin
- You must be on a Halp Premium Plan or Enterprise Plan in order to customize your Slack bot
- Navigate to Appearance & Auto-responses
- You’ll see 3 places you can edit bot messages:
- App Home Message
- Bot Welcome Message
- Response from Assist Bot
- Clicking out of the dialog box will save the settings. You can click Reset to Default at any time to return the messaging to Halp's default messaging